LUC is an award-winning environmental consultancy providing planning, impact assessment, landscape design, ecology and geospatial services to a wide range of public and private sector clients.
With a track record of over 50 years and a team of over 190 skilled professionals, we bring a passion for the environment and a determination to achieve sustainable development on behalf of our clients.
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovative thinking, successfully resolving even the most complex of issues. We care about the legacy we leave and hope to make a real difference through the work we do.
We understand that the spatial experience of our towns and cities is fundamental in establishing distinctive, sociable and enduring places.
At strategic masterplanning scale we promote placemaking principles to ensure that: public realm design is spatially stimulating; pedestrians and cycling connectivity is prioritised; activity and vitality is promoted; and economic performance is improved.
At detailed scale we strive for locally distinct and responsive design solutions that are not only creative and innovative, but practical, functional, sustainable and economically viable.
We use state-of-the-art software to create engaging visuals and animations to support our work.
1 - Claypits Green Infrastructure
2 - University of Glasgow Campus Extension
3 - Shawfield National Business District
4 - Hamiltonhill Green Infrastructure
5 - Lews Castle Grounds Restoration
6 - Inverness City Centre Streetscape
7 - Irvine High Street
8 - Edinburgh Bioquarter
9 - Newcastle Science Central
3D visualisation • Computer-aided design • DESIGN SOLUTIONS • Environmental assessment • Environmental studies • Expert witness • Feasibility studies • Heritage • Heritage and nature • Independent report • Landscaping design • Masterplanning • New town planning • Rural planning • Urban design Urban planning • Sustainable design
- Scottish Design Awards, Claypits Masterplan
- Living Waterways Awards, Woodside, Firhill & Hamiltonhill Development Framework
- Town Centre Regeneration Project of the Year, Galashiels Transport Interchange
- Scottish Green Energy Awards, Canna Renewable Energy and Electrification
- Landscape Institute, Woodside, Firhill & Hamiltonhill Development Framework
- Family Friendly Working Scotland, Best for Flexible Recruitment
- LUC is excited to launch a Transport & Movement Planning service to complement our existing offer. The new…