jmarchitects has developed into one of the UK’s foremost architectural practices since its formation in 1962. We provide design services in architecture, masterplanning, urban planning, interior design, 3D visualisation and sustainability to both private and public sector clients. We have studios in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Manchester.
Our aim is to create the best spaces, buildings and places with a level of design excellence that satisfies, delights and inspires. We understand that the success of any project lies in the relationship between client and architect; hence we adopt a collaborative, balanced and integrated approach.
Success is ultimately measured against our clients’ needs and objectives. By listening to and understanding their goals, we ensure their expectations correspond with our own. We consider all the key design drivers of each project including cost, programme, life cycle, and operations requirements.
We seek to establish and maintain an open communication and consultation process, which allows all stakeholders to be involved at the right level and at the right time. Our experience ranges across a number of sectors, and we ensure our team has a high level of design experience in many building types, allowing cross-fertilisation between building forms and types. Our track record demonstrates the quality of our work: the practice has won numerous high profile awards, both for design and technical services.
We seek to exceed the expectations of our clients by creating design solutions inspired by location, site and place that provide sustainability, flexibility and delight.
- Brick Awards, Walker Primary School - Education - Commended
- Scottish Home Awards, Maryhill Locks – Innovation in Design – Winner
- Scottish Home Awards, Baltic Mill – Renovation of the Year - Shortlisted
- Scottish Design Awards, St Andrew's Drive - Affordable Housing – Commendation
- Scottish Design Awards, St Andrew's Drive - Residential (Multi Unit) – Shortlisted
- Scottish Property Awards, Stirling Health and Care Village – Health Care Development of the Year - Finalist
- RIAS Awards, Maryhill Locks - Winner
- GIA Awards - Market Street Hotel – Leisure/ Arts Category - Commendation
- Ahead Awards - Market Street Hotel – Shortlisted
- Ahead Awards -Stock Exchange Hotel – Shortlisted
- Scottish Design Awards - Market Street Hotel - ARCHITECTURE: Commercial/Office/Hotel Building or Project - Winner
- Scottish Design Awards - Maryhill Locks - ARCHITECTURE: Residential: - Commended
- Scottish Property Awards - Market Street Hotel – Architectural Excellence (Commercial Use) – Finalist
- Scottish Property Awards -Market Street Hotel – Development of the Year (Commercial Buildings) – Finalist
- Scottish Property Awards - Alyth Primary School – Architectural Excellence (Public Use) – Highly Commended
- Scottish Property Awards - Alyth Primary School – Development of the Year (Public Buildings) – Finalist
- Scottish Property Awards - New Gorbals Health and Care Centre – Healthcare Development of the Year – Finalist
- Scottish Property Awards - Wallyford Primary School – Development of the Year (Public Buildings) – Winner
- BD Architect of the Year Awards- Market Street Hotel – Retail and Leisure Architect of the Year – Shortlisted